Around this time of year I tend to get a bit nostalgic looking back on the year and reflect on the best people and things in my life. So I thought I would share with you guys today some things that make me happy. I hope you have all had a happy year and feel free to comment below on the things that make you happy. I would love to hear them because we all deserve to be happy!
1. My dog. I love hanging out with my dog, walking her and patting her. I could literally watch her for hours. She’s just so funny. I study from home a lot and I appreciate having a companion. She reminds me to take a break and focus on more important things. Dogs really are man’s best friend.
2. Sunny days. It was only when I visited Europe in their winter a few years ago that I truly appreciated the sun we have here in Australia, all year round. Sunny days make me want to go outside and really enjoy life. Even if I can’t go outside for very long, going outside is so much better when it is sunny and warm.
3. My boyfriend. Soppy I know, but true.
4. Music. During the last semester I found myself not listening to music a lot because I was so caught up on study. I had a pretty crappy time last semester and I truly think not listening to music had an impact on that (though certainly not the only factor). I find myself smiling, bopping and singing to myself more when I listen to music. I think it generally improves my mood. My favourite thing is to pump the music in the car when I am by myself and sing along… really loudly.
5. Family and friends. Where would we be without our family and friends. I truly love my family and appreciate everything they do for me. Growing up and facing adult things like tax and car registration, I really appreciate the guidance they give me. My friends also make my happy. They are always around to make me smile and laugh.
Thanks for reading, Christina xo