I am an avid drinker of green tea. It has replaced most other drinks in my life. Personally, I find it comforting, warming and clean. I knew there were benefits to drinking green tea for health and skin, but I didn’t know much about it, so I have done some research and thought I would share it with you guys. So here are 5 benefits of drinking green tea.
- It is loaded with antioxidants. Apparently this means it can help fight ageing and contains disease fighting properties.
- It can help your brain focus because it contains caffeine and amino acid L-theanine which both help with memory, mood and productivity.
- It supposedly increases fat burning and boosts the metabolic rate.
- It can kill bacteria and therefore reduce the chances of infections.
- It can help with heart-related issues by lowering cholesterol and improving blood flow.
For me the benefits of green tea are not so much based on the scientific benefits, but because it has replaced a lot of sugary drinks I would normally have like juices and chocolate drinks. I also drink it as a way to keep hydrated.
I would love to know in the comments if you drink green tea and why you do.
Thanks for reading, Christina xo